Divinity Donuts & Bakery, a new start up located in Downtown Morganton, NC is currently looking to hire a Part Time Donut Finisher & Baker to assist with all kitchen operations and also a Part Time Retail & Counter position. Focusing on freshly made small batch donuts and baked goods, Divinity Donuts & Bakery will provide an inviting work environment while creating eye appealing sweet treats that are pleasing to the tastebuds! If you have a strong work ethic, reliable and the drive to be successful as the leader in the kitchen, please continue to read below some of the critical roles this position will perform.
Part Time Retail & Counter Assistant
Role and Responsibilities
- Assisting customers with purchases and sales via Square register
- Cleaning all areas of donut shop including but not limited to equipment, washing dishware, baskets and pans, mopping floors, vacuuming mats, cleaning windows, door and handles, show cases, garbage, stocking supplies, making boxes, beverage table, making coffee etc.
- Display case setup
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High school graduate, attending high school or obtaining GED.
- Handling money and using a cash register and knowing how to make change
- Customer service in some capacity is helpful but will train as needed.
- Outgoing, enjoy meeting and interacting with people, a positive attitude.
- Standing for periods of time
- Lifting 25 pounds, climbing a ladder
- Bending, kneeling on the floor, tolerant to environment conditions that can be dependent on temperature due to making donuts could be too warm or too cool.
Shift hours are: FRIDAY, SATURDAY & SUNDAY 6:45 am to 12 noon (unless we sell out prior to noon)
Part Time Donut Maker & Baker
PART TIME DONUT MAKING / FINISHING & BAKING POSITION
- Determine the right amounts and types of ingredients required for making donuts.
- Obtain ingredients and follow recipes to combine and mix them.
- Ensure that the right quantities of ingredients, (such as yeast) are added to the mixture.
- Use donut cutters to cut and shape donuts properly.
- Place donuts in oven or fryers and set baking/frying times.
- Observe donuts as they are being cooked to ensure that they don’t burn or remain raw.
- Remove cooked/baked donuts and place them on cooling racks.
- Glaze donuts according to provided recipes, and sprinkle toppings such as edible confetti, sugar, or cream on them.
- Place donuts in cases and racks in the retail space of the bakery.
- Ability to lift heavy items up to 50 pounds.
- Maintain a pleasant and courteous demeanor.
- Always demonstrate safety consciousness and report all incidents to a supervisor.
- Assist in maintaining a high level of store sanitation and cleanliness.
- Consistently model all store policies, standards, and practices to ensure efficient processes are maintained and quality product is produced on your shift.
- Be comfortable with repetition and volume production using commercial equipment
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Perform preventative as well as regular maintenance on fryers and ovens on a regular basis.
- Regularly clean and perform preventive maintenance on doughnut-making equipment.
- Report any equipment failure or issues to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Use hands, or hand or power mixers to make donut dough or mixture.
- Inform supervisors of low stock situations.
- Assist to ensure that all ingredients and supplies required for baking donuts are always available.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Food Service experience
- Experience with basic equipment repair and maintenance
- Experience with Commercial Kitchen Equipment such as Belshaw fryer, mixers, and proofer a plus
Job Type: Part-time – up to 20 hours a week Friday -Sunday
Pay: $12.00 – $14.00 per hour
Schedule: Early Evening shift. The shift is from 7 PM to 11 PM.
APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT
Please read and answer all of the following questions. No action can be taken on your application until all questions have been answered. None of the questions are intended to imply discrimination or illegal preferences based upon non-job related information.
It is the policy of Divinity Donuts & Bakery that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, the presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability.